You can hardly go wrong when you follow this simple interior design recipe created by accomplished HGTV designer, Carriann Johnson:
- Choose one style. Avoid mixing country with modern, traditional with southwest, etc.
- Select 2-3 color in your palette. NO more.
- Let your space tell a story. Personalize it.
- Don’t allow eye sores and dated items into your space. Time to get rid of them, re-purpose them or consider donating them.
- Stick to today’s trend with the large items in your space. Choose trends in your colors and accessories.
- Create an inspiration folder. Collect images and samples of spaces you like to guide you throughout your project.
- Develop a realistic budget and timeline and STICK TO IT!
- Have one statement piece in each room to create that ‘wow’ factor.
- Stay consistent throughout your space with colors and textures.
- Have fun! Keep a positive attitude and be patient with the process.
Interior design, of course, can be more complicated than that, but if you cover these 10 ingredients, you’re well sure to love your space!